Saturday, February 25, 2012

'OLE DB Destination' failed validation error

Hi,

I'm developing a SSIS package and am coming across this problem:

"Error at myTable [DTS.Pipeline]: component 'OLE DB Destination' (156) failed validation and returned error code 0xC020801C.

Here's the situation with my package. It basically consists of a bunch of tasks to build a database and populate the tables from an Excel file.

The first task runs a SQL file to create all my DB tables, etc. The next set of tasks import data from the Excel file into the tables. All tasks have precedence constraints so that the SQL file will build the DB tables first.

Here's the problem. Everything works perfectly if my database ALREADY exists. The problem comes when the database does not exist. It seems like the SSIS does some sort of schema validation on my dataflow tasks to ensure that everything is ok.

Is there any way to bypass this validation so that my SSIS will run ok without the DB already existing? I know that everything WILL be ok because the ExecuteSQL task will create the structure for me.

I used to work with SQL 2000 DTS, and i never ran into this problem before. Previously, i could run the DTS no problem, however, i just couldn't open the transformations if the DB didn't exist.

Thanks.

Set DelayValidation=True on the Data Flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment