Saturday, February 25, 2012

OLE DB Destination - table name variable

Hello,

In my Data Flow I have a OLE DB Destination that needs to get the table name to write the data to dynamicaly from a variable I created.

So I select "table name or view name variable" from the Data access mode and select my variable below. So far so good, but when I click "ok" I get the following error message :

Error at Data Flow Task [OLE DB Destination [45]]: A destination table name has not been provided.
Exception from HRESULT: 0xC0202042 (Microsoft.SqlServer.DTSPipelineWrap)

Am I doing something wrong or is there another way to set a variable table name for the OLE DB Destination ?

Using a variable in this way works fine for me on RTM.

I can get that error if I do not supply a valid table table in my variable before trying to use it in the OLE-DB Destination, which in itself makes sense too.|||Thanks ... I forgot to give the variable a valid default value, now it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment