Wednesday, March 28, 2012

One Data Flow Task and Multiple Data Flows

I have a data flow task which has around 5 data flows (like the 2nd diagram shown here). These 5 simple flows with just a row count transformation in between. Now, I want to fail the entire task immediately even if one of the data flows failed. Right now if one flow fails the remaining flows fails after a long time, not immediately. How can I make it fails immediately.

The other I would like to do is Can I place these 5 data flows in a transaction, so that if one data flow fails, others data flows also roll backs? ( I assume its not possible)

Thanks

Hi Karunakaran,

I think the best way to accomplish what you're describing, assuming your destination is a database, would be to use a transansaction. You can cause your entire data flow to be placed in a single distributed transaction by setting the "TransactionOption" property on your Data Flow Task to "Required". This will cause the data flow to attempt to enlist each of the connections it uses into a single transaction.

-David

No comments:

Post a Comment