Wednesday, March 28, 2012

One column missing from datasets even after refresh?

My report's data source is a stored procedure which takes 4 parameters. If I execute the sp from the data tab it returns the correct data and columns; but if I right click the Report Datasets from the Datasets view and click on refresh I'm always missing one column. Is this related to the way the sp was written? Anybody had same expericence before? Thanks!

I have.

One thing you can do is check for a matching .rdl.data file and blow that away, see if next data pull rewrites the cached data.

Another thing you can probably do is just add it in manually. Rightclick on the *name* of the dataset (underneath the Report DataSets node in the Datasets window) and choose "Add..."

>L<

|||

Thanks for the help! The first method doesn't work. Even if I add a new report from scratch, the available fields are missing that column if I put the sp in the query builder from report build wizard.

Rightclick on the name of the dataset and add the missing column works, but after I deploy the report and go view the report from brower, I got the following message:

An error has occurred during report processing.

  • Query execution failed for data set 'RegionalLevelByWeek'.

  • For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors
  • |||Hmm. I think the first method doesn't work if you have a (usually generated) schema file associated

    with the data -- I'm not looking at reports right now, so I could be wrong) -- you might have to "refresh" that file as well.

    On the second one, do you have to re-deploy the datasource to the server or something? (remember it's "don't overwrite datasources during deploy" by default) Same is true with default values of params -- given your situation as you put it in this message, that might well be involved.

    Now that I look at what you're saying here though... As far as your current thing with the two SP's, you could just put a dummy column into the first result set, couldn't you? The important thing to remember is that there is going to be *one* set of columns associated with that report, never two, so if your proc can return differently based on a param you pretty much have to make them match.

    I'm sorry I can't do a worked example right now, it's always *something* find-able though...

    >L<

    sql
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment